I’ve been helping my kid to make their own breakfast. We’d tried few times Sunshine Bread toast. But couple of days back when we received our Bagel delivery, I couldn’t stop myself trying Sunshine toast recipe with Bagel. It turned out grand success, to be frank it was much better than traditional bread toast, much crunchy, tasty. So here is my weekend invention, presenting Sunshine Bagel Toast.
|Half Parmesan Cheese Bagel||1|
|Vegetable Oil||1 Tbsp|
|Salt, Pepper||As you like|
Cutting board, Cookie cutter, Small bowl, Frying pan, SpatulaYou will also need!
- Slice the bagel in two halves. Pick the half with top of Bagel. Cut a hole in middle of it with a cookie cutter.
Break the eggs into a small bowl.
- Heat the pan for few minutes. Put the bagel in the frying pan and bake it on bottom side mainly. Keep bagel aside.
- Now heat the butter and oil in a frying pan. When they are hot, put the bagel in the frying pan again with (cheese) side facing down for a minute. Turn the slide of bagel over with a spatula, then pour the eggs out of bowl into the hole in the middle of the bagel.
- Fry the bagel and egg until the egg white is set but the yolk is still runny, then lift it out of the pan onto a plate
- As a final touch sprinkle salt and pepper as you like!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Note: If you are not able to cut bagel in perfect halves, don’t worry. Eggs slip through these uneven surfaces and you get egg touch not only on top of bagel but even bottom side.
So are you ready to give a try? Let me know how it goes!