In order to access Jira using OAuth token, we also need to create Jira Application link using public key that you have generated as a first step.
Steps for Application Link creation in JIRA
- Click on Add Application Link
- Give any application URL that you like (and which doesn’t exists) such as https://jira-oauth-rest-api-access or http://example.com etc.
- You will see error No response was received from the URL you entered… Ignore it and click on Continue
- Application Name: JIRA OAuth REST API Access
- Application Type: Generic Application
- Click on Create
- Click on Edit for newly created Application link with name JIRA OAuth REST API Access.
- Click on Configure -> Incoming Authentication
- Consumer Key: jira-oauth-rest-api-access
- Consumer Name: jira-oauth-rest-api-access
- Description: <Some description if you like>
- Public Key: <copy it from jira_oauth.pub>
- Rest of the fields leave empty
- Now Incoming Authentication status should be shown as Configured.